For some people, a big, beautiful smile is second to none in terms of looking and feeling great. However, achieving this goal often requires the help and expertise of your cosmetic dentist. With the vast amount of options when it comes to cosmetic dentistry procedures, you may feel overwhelmed choosing the best procedures for you and your needs. However, your dentist is here to help you investigate further into cosmetic dentistry, understand your options, and choose the right procedure for you. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry and its common procedures with Dr. R.J. Carpenter in Sun Prairie, WI.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Sun Prairie
- Crowns and Bridges: A dental crown fits over a tooth to protect and stabilize it while changing its appearance. A dental bridge fills the gap between two teeth by anchoring into place with dental crowns.
- Porcelain Veneers: Dental veneers cover the teeth to change their appearance. Made from porcelain, these restorations can change the shape, size, length, width, color, and overall appearance of the tooth, making them a powerful tool in a smile makeover.
- Bonding and Contouring: Dental bonding and contouring use bonding resin placed directly onto the tooth to repair small damages and imperfections. Then a dental drill with various bits allows your dentist to contour the resin into the correct shape. Most often used to repair chipped teeth, bonding is an inexpensive and faster alternative to other cosmetic procedures.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontics, which includes traditional metal and ceramic braces and other options like plastic aligner trays, move the teeth into new, straightened positions. Orthodontic care also addresses bite issues which could affect chewing and even speaking.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening, which takes only about an hour, can pack a big punch without requiring much time or effort in the process. Whitening procedures, which occur at your dentist’s office, give you the option of subtly lightening your teeth or undergoing more intensive treatment to achieve a brighter, whiter smile. Your dentist can help you choose the best level of whitening for you and your teeth.
For more information on these procedures or cosmetic dentistry in general, please contact Dr. Carpenter in Sun Prairie, WI. Call 608-837-5527 to schedule your appointment today!